It is oh so important for parents to know what their children are doing on the internet. Yes, they may be in the presence of their parents, but do you really see what they are doing while they are on the internet? Do you realize what sites they are using? Are you SURE the search they just ran on Google does not include porn?
Set up some simple rules for your kids to follow while they’re using the Internet. Here are some suggestions for you to consider:
- Follow the rules you set, as well as those set by your Internet service provider.
- Never trade personal photographs in the mail or scanned photographs over the Internet.
- Never reveal personal information, such as address, phone number, or school name or location. Use only a screen name. Never agree to meet anyone from a chat room in person.
- Never respond to a threatening email or message.
- Always tell a parent about any communication or conversation that was scary.
- If your child has a new “friend,” insist on being “introduced” online to that friend.
Communicate with your children parents. It could mean more than you want to imagine. Be safe and be blessed!