Communications is one of the most important foundations to keeping a good relationship with your children. Everyone has seen kids that are so attached to their smartphone, or their computer, that they don’t seem to know how to communicate. As a parent it is very important for your to keep communications open, and to keep a view of what your kids are doing on the internet.
Keep communications open and start a discussion with your child about what they are doing online. Here are some good questions you should ask regularly:
- What are your favorite things to do online?
- What is personal information? Why should you keep it private?
- What could you do to be safer online?
- What would you do if anyone online asked to meet you face-to-face?
- Besides me, who do you feel that you can talk to if you are in a scary or uncomfortable situation?
Be safe and be blessed!