Do you find anxiety rising up when you cannot check your Facebook status?
Internet and gaming addiction is very real. South Korea has found that 8% of the population between the age of 9 and 39 are “addicted” to the internet or games. We can overcome any addiction, or bondage, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Here are Han’s top 5 warning signs of gaming or Internet addiction:
- Disrupted regular life pattern. If a person plays games all night long and sleeps in the daytime, that can be a warning he or she should seek professional help.
- If the potential gaming or Internet addict loses his or her job, or stops going to school in order to be online or to play a digital game.
- Need for a bigger fix. Does the gamer have to play for longer and longer periods in order to get the same level of enjoyment from the game?
- Withdrawal. Some Internet and gaming addicts become irritable or anxious when they disconnect, or when they are forced to do so.
- Cravings. Some Internet and gaming addicts experience cravings, or the need to play the game or be online when they are away from the digital world.
If you or someone close to you exhibits these signs of being addicted, there is help that you can seek. Click Here for a list of therapists in the Dayton, OH area.
If you would like prayer for yourself, or someone close to you, feel free to submit your request Here.Prayer requests can be anonymous.
Be safe and be blessed.