This morning, let’s take a few moments and discuss some points of basic internet safety. How can you protect your children and yourself…
Children use a variety of online services, and each of these services can have different safety concerns. However, there are some basic tips which you can utilize no matter how your children use the Internet.
- Keep the computer in a high-traffic area of your home.
- Establish limits for which online sites children may visit and for how long.
- Remember that Internet technology can be mobile, so make sure to monitor cell phones, gaming devices, and laptops.
- Surf the Internet with your children and let them show you what they like to do online.
- Know who is connecting with your children online and set rules for social networking, instant messaging, e-mailing, online gaming, and using webcams.
- Continually dialogue with your children about online safety.
Be safe and be blessed!